Monday, August 24, 2009

Talk about EMBARRASSING

Sunday morning we were all up early and getting ready for church..Hmmmmm I thought that I,d wear my new skirt that I made..It was so warm Sunday that a cotton skirt and top was just the thing, nice and cool.....You know those few times when you look at the image looking back at you and you think Yeah babe today I am lookin good. Well today was one of those days, the kids said" Mum that skirt looks so nice on you", the hubby agrees even....Off to Church we go with a spring in my step. Sure was good to see friendly faces again....Meet some people sitting behind me that I think were new.....And the message WOW just what I needed....cuppa time after and more chatting, yep good morning....
On the way home we needed to stop for some fruit and veges...While admiring the size of the strawberries Alanah says.....".Mum maybe next time you should wear white undies under that skirt"...WHAT!!!!! O.k how bad can you see....."Well' she says "big pink hearts are plastered all over your bum"........As the mind is going backwards it freezes.....there I am standing up in church and casually giving my undies a pull......you know what I'm talking about here girls.....and those poor new people behind me having to look at my bright pink heart undies and not so discrete tug.....

How was your week-end??????
Mandy


9 comments:

  1. omgoodness...maybe they didn't notice...
    a few sundays ago, I got up from the restaurant table, walked about 10 steps from the table and realized my skirt had fallen down from my waist and was not around my knees...(I had on a new shaper underneath that was very silky and the skirt just slid away)!!
    I started pulling it up and walking, I couldn't get out of there fast enough...thank goodness we were on our way home and I was the last of our group leaving the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think we've all done something similar - white top, black bras; I quite often leave price tags swinging! Aren't we dags?

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL sorry Mandy but it is funny really. But hey what the heck, you felt good right up until you were almost home and thats the main thing. Knickers are knickers , we all have them, maybe not all lovely patterned ones like yours, but as my Nan always said, its doesn't matter as long as they are clean and paid for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL very funny lov your new skirt :o)
    i have also made a skirt out of an old sheet & i made a lining skirt under so my knickers dont show through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have given you a good laugh....but at least my skirt stayed on sorry skoots 1 mom, and Nicole I am making a cotton lining for it tomorrow.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Mandy we went to another church on Sunday, I so wish I had gone to Living Grace just for the entertainment....Actually I did hear the message was good, but seriously the entertainment value of you picking a wedgie in ya pink heart undies would have been fantastic. Gotta laugh or we cry hey!! Thanks for sharing...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! you poor thing, sorry but LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete