Thursday, October 11, 2018

SPRING IS HERE....


Hello and welcome to those still here....



 Winter has been very dry with not much rain at all, but Spring has lived up to it"s name.
We have now had 50mls in the last 2 weeks.
There is new growth every where and the grass is turning green once again...


This year we entered our garden in the Lockyer Valley Garden Comp. 


We were so excited when we came 2nd in two categories..
Large rural garden
and
First time entrant.
It sure made all the hard work worth it....I am already planning next year......


With Spring comes Spring cleaning. I remember when all the kids were little and at home it was a real ritual here. September holidays we would clean the house from top to bottom. 
Now I have to do it myself hahaha.


This was the first room to get done. The spare room.
We also now rent this room out on 
Airbnb
Through the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers both our Airbnbs were booked out 10 days straight.
A nice way to make some money that I must admit I spend most of it on plants.


How is all your spring cleaning going?
Below are the Elder flowers. They have been in since Jan this year and boy o boy are they growing.
I will be giving Elder flower cordial a go soon with all those blooms on them.


The veranda has had a good clean as well.
I love my dog but Molly sure does leave a lot of hair around...
Today she gets a hair cut so that should help with the shaggy rug.


I hope you all enjoy your day..

Blessings
Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Mandy, congratulations on doing so well in the garden competition. You have had a lot more rain than we have but it is raining as I write this so we should get more tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say it's been dry.

    I was very pleased when The BoM predicted a dryer than average Spring.

    We nearly always get the opposite. 75mm for October and still some falling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were led to believe there would be no good rain until March...Thank goodness that was wrong.

      Delete

  3. Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    PUBG Mobile 2020|Adobe finally terminated Flash 2020|Krunker io 2020

    Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    GamesBx News 2020 | Juegos Poki 2020 | GamesBX 2020 relax| Wormax 2020

    ReplyDelete