Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm back......

What one crazy week I am having....
Below is Alanah with some of her school friends at the beginning of the year. This year has gone by so fast, on Friday these girls will all be graduating!!!!!!!! Now for those of you that have a year 12 daughter about to graduate you will know what my week is like...Last night Alanah had her nails done, as this is VERY important..Then there is the waxing of the eyebrows, not to mention trying on our dress EVERY night. For those of you that yet have all this ahead of you I have some advice RUN.......Get out while YOU are still sane...
Alanah is walking around this morning moaning and groaning yelling sighing with the occasional slap to the forehead.... Why????Other than the fact she is 17, has a formal in two days....today she has an interview for uni..
The poor girl you do have to feel for her having this interview in the middle of this week. I know she will be fine as she is one strong, determined young women who can do any-thing when she puts her mind to it..
When above daughter asks when am I getting my hair cut?? I can take a hint so now I have to go and get a hair cut and heck having a close look now it has been brought to my attention I will need a colour as well, but I am NOT getting my nails done!!!!!

To me though this is a sad time another of my daughters is grown up and about to head out into the world...O.K getting teary here so I must stop this train of thought..It is sad and wonderful all at the same time isn't it watching your children become adults...agh to be 17 again....

Have a blessed day

Mandy



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Alanah, and best wishes for the future. I went through it with a son last year, so that wasn't so bad, Rachel's turn next year. Although she is on the grad committee and has been involved in organising the "big night", and will be there tonight waitressing, so has had a few headaches to deal with. New shoes, a few blisters....
    Hope you both have a wonderful night, and I look forward to a few photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy

    This year has gone crazily fast. This coming Friday, it is 12 months since Kirby's graduation night/dinner. Yes, we had the dress parades, spray tan (bit cold down this way to get a natural tan), air-brush make-up, hair up-do (but no nails - she bites hers down to her knuckles!). And now, 12 months later, she is just about to do her last 2 exams to complete her first year at Uni, 400kms away from home. My Kirby-bear is a lovely young woman now. She has done very well, with some fantastic grades so I hope she tops it off with good exam results.

    Have fun Alanah - wishing you the best night ever and success in your future endeavours.

    Scary to think its only 5 weeks until Christmas! Eeek!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mandy, I can so relate. Run is right.

    We have the graduation formal dinner tickets, the girls dresses, still need shoes. Then ds gets an interview 4 hours away and we had to take him to his brothers to stay until he hears how he goes with the job. Very sad for us.

    Then we wonder if we will go pick him up for the graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times!!

    Been there, done that, three times now. Only one boy left.

    Teenagers, ya gotta love 'em. I don't recall ever having to do all that when I was at school. Maybe my mum had to make me a new dress for a social at the end of year... How times have changed.

    Have a great day,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Alanah, the big wide world awaits you! xx

    Wow Mandy, you and I find we have something in common. Beth graduates this year and starts uni next year also. She had applied to go nursing but is on the wait list as they had so many applications this year. So now its uni to do a Bachelor of Science degree.
    I can't believe that both of my babies are now at uni.
    You just want to protect them now don't you, knowing what is about to open up to them.
    I hope Alanah has a wonderful formal dance and graduation. No doubt there will be tears but what wonderful tears, ones of love and such pride. No doubt Greg will be right beside you enjoying such a wonderful moment.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 17 year old daughter graduations on Friday as well. The dress still needs minor alternations and she doesn't know what to do with her hair but we will sort it all out. Its a fun time and they do grow up so quickly. This is my baby leaving school. Next year both my kids will be at uni.

    It is nice to see them grow up and achieve what they want.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete