Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Timber.....


Hi all and welcome....

This week we have been getting rid of a few trees...5
one fruit and the other 4 are problem native trees that have got way too big.
You can see the natives in among the palms ...Plus they drop there lower limbs all the time so time for them to go...





I have persevered with this peach tree for 5 years and it has never bared any fruit...
So it was time for it to go...



We have since planted two tropical peach tress and they have given us lots of fruit.
All the trees will be cut up into fire wood so they won't be wasted.


It does look a little bare here now but I like it, so I won't be planting another tree. 



This week the weather has been so much cooler so I have been spending lots of time in the garden.-
in between doing the never ending book work...
Have a great week
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I always hate removing trees.... even though sometimes they just NEED to be removed! But I'm glad your new peach trees are doing well for you! How did everything hold up with your extreme heat?

    ReplyDelete