Monday, February 2, 2009

Here is my wonderful Husband who at this moment is fighting for his life.
While on holidays we found out that Greg has pancreatic cancer.
The last month has been a whirl of tests, doctors, hospitals. So much in such a short time.
We have been hiding at the beach you could say away from the real world, but
we are home and I know one thing for certain and that
is that our lives will never be the same again.
I have thought of ways that I would right this post and none of them are easy for me, so I am going with the facts here, what the doctors say...
They say that the tumor is attached to the major blood vessels in his stomach,
it has also spread to his liver and that it is inoperable.
They the doctors also say that with chemo he may live for 12mths.
O.K there is the facts not good are they, as you can imagine our family is realling with this news
but we are a close strong family and are believing for more.
There is one thing that our family has and that is a strong faith in God. It is that faith and love that is going to get us through this. I'm not saying that it will be easy
as it is very hard to watch the love of your life in so much pain all the time.
We have many people in Toowoomba praying for Greg and I know
that after tonight that there will be alot more. I know
that many of you reading this are also Christians, and will also be
praying for Greg. I have never been so sure of my faith as I am now.
Pray for my children as you have gotten to know them through my blog.
This is hardest on them especially David, Karen and Jess as thy live away and can't be here. Uphold them I ask..........
Mandy

11 comments:

  1. Dear blog-friend,I send my prayers, and love and these verses...
    Isaiah 26
    You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,
    because he trusts in you.
    Isaiah 42
    But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob,he who formed you, O Israel:
    "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

    Blessings - Angela [far away in England]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sorry to hear this Mandy...My prayers are with You Your DH & your family...You have Our Support...
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mandy
    I am so sorry to hear of your devastating time. Your family is constant in my mind, my ache for you is in my heart & I have been praying & praying.You are such a strong lady with much faith. We are all praying and sending you heartfelt support.
    Bless you & yours
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mandy of course Greg will remain in our prayers and you and the children as well. My father had pancreatic cancer - another weird paralell ..........Will email you

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mandy what devastating news for all of your family.

    I am speechless and not sure what to say to you except that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    I pray that God will give Greg the strength to fight this dreadful disease and may God wrap his arms around you all and give you the strength required to get through this extremely stressful time.

    God bless you all, dear friend.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you mention it, it would be very hard for you with your adult children. I hope God blesses you and sorts that out for you, which I know he will.

    Your husband through your blog looks like a very lovely person. I am sorry for his pain.

    You are strong, I am glad for your blogging friends like Caroline.

    Yes, you have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mandy that is hard news for you. Know my prayers are with you and your family.

    I read this verse this morning and thought there must be a reason so I will type it for you. I hope it means something for you and will help you in this period.

    "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandy, my heartfelt warmth and prayers are for you and your family.

    Here is me thinking of my own selfish problems when there are sooo many other people out there that need help more than me. You humble me and bring me back to reality.

    God bless

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandy, Im so sorry to hear your news. You, Greg and your children are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mandy... I'm so sorry to hear this! ( and I apologize for missing it yesterday) My heart is just aching for you and the thought of what you've been through.

    Honey, Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandy I am so glad you got to have a family holiday together. Know that I am praying for you, greg and all the family

    ReplyDelete