Wednesday, March 1, 2023

FARMSTAND

Hello and welcome.... I thought I might show you our little Farmstand/roadside stall that we have out the front.... Its easy to see look for the PINK house...
Yes Pink, I have always wanted a pink house,but that is for another post when it is all done.
We have all sorts of seasonal goodies in our Farmstand, the last couple of weeks I have been busy making chutney... Beetroot, Mango' Choko' and Eggplant...Yes eggplant, sounds awful I know but it is actually really nice has a caramel flavour to it as it has Indian spices in it..
This summer has seen so many eggplants, beetroot, chokos and cucumbers...The vege garden has done well through the heat really.. We also have our eggs that we sell...lots and lots of eggs from our lovely ladies.
Blue,green,white,brown and I am sure some have a pink tinge maybe I am just wishing....
I have also been drying herbs and making tea, the tea has been really successful. The one we have at the moment has Lime verbina, lemon grass with blue butterfly flower that make it a wonderful deepblue colour. It is great hot or cold. I like to add lots of ice on a hot day... so refreshing.... We also sell..
Dishclothes made from 100% cotton so just throw them in the wash every couple of days...
Lip Balm...made from coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax..
SOAP
CANDLES
FLOWERS...This summer has seen some beatuiful blooms in the garden so I am glad to share them.. Really whatever we have excess off we put out in the stall. All the money we make goes into buying grain for the animals..We may be small here but all the animals have a job to do and nothing goes to waste.
Our veges and fruit are all chemical free, so anything I make is chemical free as well... If you live close buy come for a drive one weekend and stop at other farm roadside stands on the way...Bring an old book you have finished reading and swap it in our Book Swap Libary it is out every day.... Do you have an excess in your garden that you could sell to help with feed or seed bills...I hope I inspire you to give it a go...
I started with flowers on a table in our driveway.....Some times starting is the hardest part what ever it is... We are OPEN WEEKENDS ONLY, this suits us as we are home. You make yours to suit what days you would like... Have a great and blessed week all. Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to the author for creative writing and unique insight which challenges our thinking and expands our minds.

    ReplyDelete