Thursday, March 25, 2021

Milking Goat.....


We have a new addition to the family.
Her name is Cherry and she is the sweetest goat ever. Over the years we 
have had a lot of goats, but Cherry is my favorite.



We choose to get a milking goat over a cow because they will eat any thing and we don't need as much room to keep a goat as you do a cow.

We don't buy any dairy now as we have milk and make our yogurt and cheese.



Cherve cheese is a goats milk cheese, it is a soft cheese and 
we flavor it to how we are feeling that day. This is the amount we get from 
2 litres.
 



I use the whey in my bread making, it gives a lovely cheesy taste.


We don't eat a lot of bread so I make cheese and bread twice a week. 
I wish I was better at making sour dough bread but I'm not so I have 
gone back to dry yeast.
 



The small loaves I use in the Airbnb for our guests, they 
love fresh bread.
below is the tray of breakfast goodies for our guests breakfast,


I also use the milk in my soap making..
I have been busy making dish cloths and washers as gifts as I was running low.



 Enjoy your week

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment