Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Vege Garden..........


Welcome to winter...
Love love love the cold weather, in saying that it is a mild day today.

I have been spending most of my time here in the glass house drinking coffee and planing the vege garden...The glass house is one of my favorite areas in the garden.
I enjoy that it is in the vege garden so I can sit and plan.


Lots of seeds to raise, all my seeds are heirloom and they continue to come up year after year.

We have all our winter veges in now with only the onions to plant out.


During summer we cleaned out the green house and let the chooks run in here to clean it

all out and also let them run into 

 the onion patch...Then Bruce made some new tables for my seed raising. 



We also got a load of rocks for the bottom tier of the vege garden and then  painted the
back wall of the shed and glass house.
Every thing looks so fresh and bright now, it needed a good freshen up.


Below two pics is before we put the stones down, it was a never ending
job to keep the weeds down.


I tried bark and that didn't work, i love the look of the stones.


The top tier is grass and is easy to mow and manage. 
We are getting so many  little jobs done with the cooler weather.
It is a pleasure to be in the garden.




I hope
you are all enjoying the cooler weather and catching up on those
lists of never ending jobs....

Mandy








 


2 comments:

  1. You are really fortunate to have that glasshouse, Mandy.I think we might be in for a cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am and I love it, I would enjoy a cold winter as it has been a long time since we had one...

    ReplyDelete