Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Gardening....

Hello and welcome..

This morning we woke up to a storm, now the sun is out
and the garden is looking so clean and fresh and well watered.


Yesterday we got in and planted our onions.
This area is outside of the house yard and we planted onions here for the first time last year and they did amazing. So this time we are planting heaps more. The seedlings we raised have done well.
The shade house in the back ground had the ornamental grape vine pulled off it so it is able to get more winter sun now.


Today I will be picking beetroot as there is some ready, we will have some roasted for dinner and i will make beetroot relish with some. Beetroot is something I have growing here all year round as we love it fresh. The brassica's take up a lot of room and every year I say I won't plant any but I always do hahaha. Living in the Lockyer Valley we have access to plenty from the farms around here.


Broad beans are growing well and I will have to trellis them soon I think. Behind in the raised bed is our spinach and silver beet which we eat a lot of as well.


Below are the carrots that we have just started to harvest as well. This is another crop I am able to sow all rear round...


We also have a lot of arches for growing on. This one is snow peas that are starting to climb.





The ones below have climbing beans and peas. Last summer I grew my cucumbers on them and it helps to shade the gardens beneath.


Mustard, bok choy and another row of beets... For our salads we have a leafy green mix that consists of
Lettuce,mustard,kale,spinach and nasturtiums to name a few.


I hope you are all enjoying your week where ever you are. 
I am enjoying being back here blogging and catching up with every one...


 Have a blessed week
Mandy







4 comments:

  1. You have such a great garden, Mandy. I don't grow too many veggies now but my hubby loves broad beans so lots of them have been planted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have planted broad beans for the first time ever, not sure how to eat them yet..

      Delete
  2. Wow, your garden looks amazing! I would love to grow some of those things, but the rabbits have other plans. Maybe I can cover them to protect the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just starting to get rabbits here but it is well fenced.

      Delete